Friday, January 18, 2013

Day 2: Paris (Notre Dame, Louvre, Champ Elysees, Arc de Triomphe)

The longest walk of our life! Took the train to Notre Dame then walked to eat lunch, walked to the Louvre, walked inside the Louvre, walked to Place de la Concorde, walked to Champ Elysees, walked to Arc de Triomphe then walked home. We practically walked through the whole city!


The actual Notre Dame (yes, Notre Dame actually refers to Mary...it's hard to explain haha) // The amazing stained glass windows that are so detailed, I was just at awe.

Kilometer Zero! You may ask, hey what's so special about that? Well, if you've read Anna and the French Kiss, you'd know that this spot is worth fangirling over (I just didn't have the proper fan girl moment since my guy cousins were there and they'd judge me). 



SHAKESPEARE AND COMPANY! More fangirl feels. I actually bought the Love Poems by Pablo Neruda here for 12 Euros. I bought one for Fiel too (HI FIEL IF YOU'RE READING THIS). I didn't take pictures since a sign said no photos were allowed inside. My dad, on the other hand took pictures...but it's in his camera.

After walking in the rainy streets of Paris eating our to-go lunch(we wasted half a day in Notre Dame buying souvenirs), the sun finally showed up and we passed this famous bridge Pont de l'Archevêché. This is where couples put padlocks along the bridge and throw their keys to the River Seine.



LOUVRE MUSEUM! Again, I just spazzed. I am just too blessed to be able to travel the world frequently and see things most only see on TV or in movies. 


"Winged Victory" or "Nike" by Samothrace

"Mona Lisa" by Leonardo Da Vinci

"The Dying Slave" and "The Rebellious Slave" both by Michelangelo 

"Psyche Revived by Cupid's Kiss" by Antonio Canova // "Venus de Milo" by Alexandros of Antioch

The Code of Hammurabi. THE CODE OF HAMMURABI. I was so tempted to touch it.

After a long long long cold cold and VERY windy walk from the Louvre, Place de la Concorde and the famous Egyptian obelisk.

After even more walking, Champ Élysées!

After walking through the whole stretch of Avenue des Champ Élysées, Arc de Triomphe! 

View of Champ Elysees and the ferris wheel at the Place de la Concorde from the Arc. After that we headed to the right of the arc towards Eiffel tower where our hotel was. VERY LONG WALK. This is probably where I lost my 10 lbs!

No comments:

Post a Comment