Friday, March 01, 2013

Lifescouts Badges: Wanderlust edition v1.0

Youtubers like Charlie, Alex and Bryarly have been collecting their Lifescout badges so I thought, why not collect my own? Lifescout a tumblr community where you reblog the badges and tell your story along with the badge. I could've posted mine on Tumblr, but I thought it would be more appropriate to put it on here. :) I've "achieved" much more than this but I figured that I should do it in parts and this one is the Travel Edition! 

This post has made me realize how lucky I am to be able to travel and see the world. Not many are given the opportunity to do so and I'll keep in mind to not take anything (especially my parents) for granted.

May 16, 2008
Back in 2008 when I was 14, my family and I went to America for our summer vacation and New York was one of the cities we visited. The energy of the city is so overwhelming, no wonder everyone dreams of making it big there. Of course, what's a trip to Manhattan if you don't go to the Empire State Building?

Here, have a blurry photo of me in the building's lobby because I look like shit in all of the photos. *cough pubescent Mariel cough*


December 27, 2012
If you read my blog, you know I went to Paris with my family last December. Me, my mom and cousin had to fight our way to the front to get a photo with it since the photo was literally mobbed by tourists! Cray cray. I don't see why it should be that famous though.

A wobbly photo of Mona Lisa because if I post a good photo of it, it might look like I just ripped the photo off somewhere in the internet. If I post a photo with my face in it, it would ruin this blog post.

December 26, 2012
A trip to Paris is incomplete without a trip to the Eiffel Tower! In fact, it was the first thing we did in our itinerary. It was smaller than I imagined, but it was indeed a beautiful structure (Ever since I got into engineering, things like these amaze me even though it isn't in my field of study). 

Standing in front of the Eiffel Tower felt like a dream! I'm so glad it wasn't a dream.


I've seen a couple of parades, but all of them from my visits in Disneyland in Anaheim, Hong Kong and Florida. I am fully aware that I am fortunate enough to have been to three Disney theme parks, but I just wish I'll get to see a parade that isn't Disney related.

Because I love Alice in Wonderland and I had cool hair back in 2009!



May 17, 2010
Niagara Falls was probably one of the famous places I never thought I'd see in real life. The sound of the water crashing down somehow made me feel more aware that I am human and alive (as weird as that sounds). But there really is something strange that I felt when I was there. It was really overwhelming when I realized that the world is so much bigger than my own little bubble...but at the same time, small enough to find myself there, miles and miles away from home.

All my photos on the Maid of the Mist were all so unflattering so have a photo of just the falls(w/o my face, unfortunately).


I've been to a lot of zoos. From local ones: Manila Zoo, Tagaytay Zoo, Ocean Adventure and Zoobic; to overseas ones: Ocean Park, Singapore Night Safari, Sea World San Diego, Underwater World Singapore, Boston Aquarium, etc to the most recent Taipei Zoo last December 2011. Okay...so I just realized that it's been so long since I've been to a zoo.

I'm very glad that the zoos in the Philippines are up to par with the ones in more progressive countries. The Taipei Zoo trip was memorable though since it was there that I first saw koalas, pandas, camels and kangaroos!

I'm looking forward to attaining more Lifescout badges in the future! So why don't you join the bandwagon and collect badges with us? Yes? Yes!
Ciao for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment