Monday, January 06, 2014

Day 2: Hong Kong 2013

Our 2nd day in Hong Kong was originally supposed to be dedicated to a trip to the Ngong Ping 360 and Disneyland since we honestly didn't know what else to do. However, since we've been to both back in 2009, we decided to go to Ocean Park instead. Would you believe I was last at Ocean Park when I was 3 years old and barely 3 feet tall? Haha! 

We took a train then a bus that leads straight to Ocean Park.

I don't remember much from when I was 3 so everything felt new to me. We first went in the aquarium and saw a lot of fish. The aquarium was above average but I feel like I've seen better (e.g. Sea World). After walking around the park we went to the other side of the park and took a "submarine" through the mountain.

*In reality the first place we went to was the souvenir shop. It took me 20 mins to choose which stuffed penguin I wanted! haha

At the top of the mountain is a view of the shoreline and the buildings near the mountains. We also caught sight of a cute little kid with a hole on his jumper so we can see his bum. Cutie!

On that side of the park are various rides (most are extreme). My dad and I chose to go to only one ride since my mom doesn't exactly have a strong stomach.

After one ride with my dad and two carnival games, we went in the penguin aquarium where I squealed my heart out! 

Going back down the mountain we chose to ride the cable car. It wasn't scary at all and we had a beautiful view of the ocean. When we went down we walked through the Old China Town then to the Panda area where we got to see pandas be pandas.

The last thing we did inside the park was watch an acrobats show. There were acrobats, dancers, stuntmen and a pole dancer. It was a cool experience (But nothing compared to what we watched in Macao. More on that soon!)

After the park, we went to Silvercord again along Canton Road to eat really good Teppanyaki for dinner. It is located in the food court named Food Republic which may sound familiar to you if you've been to Singapore.

We took a long walk from Silvercord to the hotel just to accompany my mom so she could rest. After that though, my dad and I took off to Mong Kok to survey Go Pros and other gadgets. (Spoiler alert: we didn't buy anything) Nonetheless it was super fun and there were A LOT of street performers which made the streets more crowded than usual. We got home at around 10-11pm and ate fruits (cherries, strawberries, etc.) then got ready to leave for Macau the next day.

Truth be told I was much more excited for Macau than Hong Kong and it truly did not disappoint. I can't wait to share Day 1 of Macau soon! I hope ya'll found this post entertaining enough. My brain feels like mush and I literally cannot think straight. 

'Til the next post! (Hopefully tomorrow?) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment