Saturday, December 08, 2012

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight


"Who would have guessed that four minutes could change everything?Today should be one of the worst days of seventeen-year-old Hadley Sullivan's life. Having missed her flight, she's stuck at JFK airport and late to her father's second wedding, which is taking place in London and involves a soon-to-be stepmother Hadley's never even met. Then she meets the perfect boy in the airport's cramped waiting area. His name is Oliver, he's British, and he's sitting in her row.A long night on the plane passes in the blink of an eye, and Hadley and Oliver lose track of each other in the airport chaos upon arrival. Can fate intervene to bring them together once more?Quirks of timing play out in this romantic and cinematic novel about family connections, second chances, and first loves. Set over a twenty-four-hour-period, Hadley and Oliver's story will make you believe that true love finds you when you're least expecting it. " (Goodreads.com) 

I've heard of this book from a lot of people, but what convinced me to really read this book is John Green. Now, I won't go all trying hard to be a book reviewer, because I am not. I just wanna post up here the books I've been reading recently...especially if they're good. Now I started reading the first 2 chapters of this book on my dad's iPad when we were on our way to our province, but since I never really had the chance to get back to it, I did last night. I read the rest of the book for 3 hours from 11pm to 2am.

This book has a certain charm. Maybe it's the British boy named Ollie, maybe it's the likeable heroine of the story Hadely, or maybe it's because the story was set in an airport, airplane and London, all places I absolutely love. Or maybe it's the plot in general. I've always wondered what I would do if I meet someone in an airport of all places. I will admit that at first I thought it was just one of those typical YA novels about a girl finding love and whatnot. Surprisingly, it also tackles family issues which got to me since I'm such a daddy's girl. The story was beautifully written considering that the whole book covers only 24 hours of their lives. It's amazing how you feel like you've known these characters for more than a day. Of course I was shocked when I realized I already finished the book since it was very open ended and I had the usual separation anxiety I have with fictional characters. Haha! All in all it was a very good easy read when you wanna forget about your own problems haha. I can imagine this as a cute feel good chick flick. I do hope they turn this into a movie!

I'd rate this 4.5/5 stars if I'm even eligible to rate this book. Haha

No comments:

Post a Comment