Thursday, January 10, 2013

Feeling Book Reviewer: December 2012-early January 2012

Let's all pretend I'm eligible to make book reviews. Personally, I'm doing this for myself so I can keep track of all the books I read in order. My Goodreads account has it all jumbled up. Haha
Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins: ★★★★★ 
All kinds of praises will not do justice for this book because I swear to everyone that this will easily be one of your favorite books ever. That's how good it is. It made me 10 times more excited to visit Paris. Plus, Etienne St. Claire will keep you swooning all throughout the book. I'm begging you to read this book. You will not regret it.

Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins: ★★★★
I think Anna and the French Kiss set the bar too high that I was quite disappointed with this one. Definitely above average given that I rated it four stars, but I was just expecting more. Very sweet though and I appreciate Anna and Etienne's special appearances. 

Meant to be by Lauren Morrill: ★★★
It's set in London. That's the real reason why I wanted to read this book. Overall, I'd probably rate it 4 stars but keeping in mind that a lot of scenes are cliché, I made it a 3. (Feeler na eligible mag book review) The story is cute but it lacks originality.

Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson: ★★★
I have this thing for books that involve some sort of exploration, and this is one of those given it's a road trip book. I really love the playlists, the sketches and the maps. But it lacked some sort of climax. Plus, the romantic connection between Amy and Roger was all too sudden for me.

Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson: ★★★★1/2 
This book made me cry buckets. I personally have a soft spot for father-daughter stories. Just like when I read "The Last Song" on the 13 hour flight to America with people around me wondering why I was crying all by myself. It's so close to perfect since it focuses on a lot of aspects: friends, love, family and self. I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment