Thursday, February 21, 2013

Feeling Book Reviewer: Gayle Forman

A long overdue post on Gayle Forman's works! Another all-over-the-place book review by yours truly.

If I Stay:★★★
I must admit, this book isn't one of the best I've read. It's dull at parts and interesting in others. It just got me frustrated when everything kept going back and forth from flashbacks to her present ghost self. It gets boring at some parts too. You'll need to read this though, because the sequel is really good.

Where She Went:★★★
A sequel to If I Stay, this book is written in Adam's point of view when he's finally a famous rockstar and Mia is making her own name in the classical music industry. The book covers a day in Adam's life a few years after the accident when Adam and Mia cross paths again in New York City.  Where She Went was so beautifully written with such raw emotions conveyed from Adam's point of view. This book has realistic characters dealing with realistic problems that will just make your heart hurt (most possibly in a good way).

Just One Day:★★★★★
I could list down a thousand reasons why you should read this book NOW but of course that won't be practical. It's that good! Special mention again to Fiel for making me read this book a day after it came out! Okay.

This book will set your wanderlust to overdrive. From Stratford-Upon-Avon to London to Paris to Boston to New York to Mexico to Amsterdam. If I can't go to London then at least I've visited it in my imagination, right? Right. Also, the swoon-worthy Willem De Ruiter, a Dutch actor who takes Lulu on a spontaneous trip to Paris for just one day is mysterious, spontaneous, sweet and dare I say it...attractive. I love how the book was associated to As You Like It by William Shakespeare which will be elaborated in the later chapters of the book. I read this book in two days. Once you start this book, it will be hard to put it down. This book got me laughing, then crying, then screaming "WHY" and it was a cycle while I was on the edge of my seat. Of course, I hated the ending because it was such a huge cliffhanger, but that just means I will be doing a happy dance when Just One Year comes out!!!

I'd probably go to the extent of getting on my knees and begging you to READ THIS BOOK.

Just like Where She Went, Just One Year will be in Willem's point of view. Gayle Forman just keeps on getting better and better with her writing and I cannot wait for Just One Year. I. CANNOT. WAIT.
Okay I just found this on USA Today (which convinced me to write this blogpost now). I might throw a fit. I need this on my bookshelf NOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment