Thursday, September 05, 2013

What to Watch v1.0

I've been ignoring this blog a lot due to piles of school work and it's finals week. I just finished my 13th project of the term, my last project...until next week. Yay! To make it up to you I reviewed three TV shows I love so much. If you haven't already, check out these TV shows I recommend to you because they're awesome!

Modern Family

Why I love it: 
It's funny and lighthearted, but at the same time they show the typical "Modern Family" problems such as a rich man Jay Pritchett, who in his 60s marries a younger hot mom. This also shows how he learns to accept his gay son, Mitchell and his life partner Cameron, and how husband and wife, Claire and Phil deal with their kids and at the same time keep the romance in their relationship alive. This show is for those who want to have a good laugh after a terrible day at school or at work. It's very addicting and its short episodes make it easier to watch in a marathon. Definitely my favorite comedy show.

Bates Motel

Why I love it:
Blood. Suspense. Murder. Need I say more? I recently found my love for A LOT of suspense, so this goes right at the top of my favorite TV shows. It's about Norma and Norman Bates who try to rebuild and live a normal life after Norman's father dies. They moved in to a new town and bought an abandoned motel that they soon re-opened and called the Bates Motel. It is a prequel to the movie Psycho released in 1960 and a story behind Norman's past and how his crazy life came about. If you've watched 1960s movie, you'll see how Freddie Highmore is a great actor because he could really be just like the younger version of the Norman Bates depicted there because of the mannerisms and gestures.  Too bad its 2nd season is still scheduled to come out early 2014. I can't wait!

Teen Wolf

Why I love it:
The start is typical: an outcast teenage boy gets bitten by an alpha then turns into a werewolf and becomes more popular at school. He becomes the  co-captain of the lacrosse team and bags the hot new girl. From there, it is anything but typical (aside from the occasional teenage lust going on between Scott and Allison, everything is not normal). Like I said, I love me some suspense and Teen Wolf does not disappoint in that department. You know what else they don't disappoint in? Their ridiculously-attractive-cast department. They have one of the most good looking cast line-up I have ever seen that I don't even know who to root for anymore when they're fighting (forever rooting for the protagonists though of course). Dylan O'Brien, Tyler Hoechlin, Daniel Sharman, the list could go on and on! One thing I noticed in this series though is that alliances are always so sketchy. One moment they're allies and then the next thing I know, they're not and they're fighting each other to the death. Another reason why it gives me 1000 heart attacks when watching it. I can't wait for season 4!


Now if you'll excuse me, I'll fade into more school work. Fingers crossed! Now where's that door out?


No comments:

Post a Comment