Sunday, September 17, 2017

Japan 2016: Kyoto

The second stop of our second Japan trip last year was Kyoto, which was a short Shinkansen ride away. We bought the Japan Rail Pass prior to our visit, so we were able to save money on transportation. (We were limited to the JR Lines though, which wasn't much of a problem) Kyoto has got to be my favorite. It has a preserved antiquity to it that I just love. Plus, the hotel we stayed at - Ryokan Kohro, was the absolute best. 

Believe it or not, these we all taken in one day. Public transport is pretty convenient since they have buses that go around all tourist attractions.





 This is a very odd tempura parfait.








  I think this was the first castle Japan had. I think...I'm not sure. I need to get my facts straight. LOL







 The Kinkakuji Temple looks so peaceful in photos, but it was so chaotic in real life. 







 The struggle to take decent photos at the Fushimi Inari Shrine for three reasons: 1/ It was raining cats and dogs 2/ There were way too many people 3/Umbrellas everywhere hitting each other's faces 

 A pig that I am, I was glad that there was a series of food stalls on the way out. We had pretty good street food. 





 We met up with my Aunt and cousins at Kyoto Station, then had dinner and a quick photoshoot at our hotel wearing our yukatas. 


Just me smiling like I wasn't about to get sick. 
Til the next photo diary!

No comments:

Post a Comment